Tips & ideas for using the mgmt software

Splitting tax in Promo kits

Splitting tax in Promo kits

Postby JDTherrien » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:39 am

I am looking to be able to build a promo kit at a set price. Inside that kit I want to have tax applied to the part but not the labor. Essentially on the invoice it would say brake fluid flush, but on the invoice screen you can see that there is a cost inside that of $15 for the fluid flush part. Currently it will take it from inventory but it will not apply tax to the part that is included.

What my customer is looking to do is to sell a job for fluid flush that has a simple description and not have a number of parts lines attached. He also wants to limit the customers questioning how much he is charging for particular products.

Is this something that we could add?

Josh
JDTherrien

Re: Splitting tax in Promo kits

Postby timbre4 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:33 am

Apologies for delayed response. There is no simple way to accomplish this. The taxation for a Promo package ("kit") is driven by the selection of Tax as Labor or Tax as Part. There can be no second tax factor to consider in the Promo Package container. We don't see much promise with modifying the Promo Packages any further; we do however have a By-The-Job enhancement request (still TBD) that would better address many variations on this request.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Return to Tips & Ideas