Shop Management Software Release News for SE

Any Update on the Update?

Any Update on the Update?

Postby Hardwood » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Any word on the update progress?

That "reminder" is growing mold on my screen :-)
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
http://www.MinnetonkaAutoService.com
Hardwood
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: Any Update on the Update?

Postby Silky7 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:41 pm

The update is being released now. If you'd like to get it immediately, you can download it here. http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/ManagerSE_Update_7.2.5.exe
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Postby Hardwood » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks!

Is this the same for the server and workstations?
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
http://www.MinnetonkaAutoService.com
Hardwood

Postby timbre4 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 am

Hardwood wrote:Thanks!

Is this the same for the server and workstations?

Yes. Exit Manager SE on all machines; update the host. Then as you start the workstations you'll see update notice. Run those and each workstation is then updated to match the host.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby rhillig » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:14 am

Updated today - using the invoice w/o hours. Only the service adviser is listed - the tech that completed the work is not - or am I missing something?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
rhillig
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Postby Silky7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 am

You are not missing anything. Technician was removed by design due to the change in useable area when using an electronic signature capture. We hope to have a template for download to add that back in soon.
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Postby rhillig » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 am

:( Man that is going to make a lot of work for me. I keep track of each technicians labor in our bookkeeping system, entering it in as I enter the tickets. I am going to have to go & manually look it up on each one when entering tickets. I thought some states you had to have listed on the work orders which technician completed the work?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
rhillig

Postby MURRI513 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:48 am

I just installed the update & am very happy with what I have seen so far. I tried to e-mail an invoice and got an error message, this never happened prior. Any ideas I'm using Outlook 2007.
MURRI513

Postby rhillig » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm

I do really like the outlined signature box and getting rid of the time in the signature block.
Having the website & email on the bottom are nice touches too!

Would there be enough room some where just to put the code for the technician, if it's a space issue? Like right behind the service adviser?
rhillig

Postby Silky7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:31 pm

rhillig wrote:I do really like the outlined signature box and getting rid of the time in the signature block.
Having the website & email on the bottom are nice touches too!

Would there be enough room some where just to put the code for the technician, if it's a space issue? Like right behind the service adviser?

We're going to try to tuck it in there most likely, yes.
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Postby Silky7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

MURRI513 wrote:I just installed the update & am very happy with what I have seen so far. I tried to e-mail an invoice and got an error message, this never happened prior. Any ideas I'm using Outlook 2007.

The template editor for emails is brand new, so it may be a specific piece of shop information causing an unforeseen issue. Please give us a call on this one if you haven't already.
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Postby rhillig » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 pm

We probably use the change owner option more regularly than most shops because of having the car dealership. After a little getting used to, I am liking the new change owner sequence....especially the fact that it will ask you if you want the change current open orders to the new owner or keep with the old owner! This is really handy if we are working on someone's vehicle & they decide to trade it in while we are still in the process of working on it. Most of the times those bills become ours...and I don't have another step!
rhillig

Postby Silky7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:43 pm

rhillig wrote:We probably use the change owner option more regularly than most shops because of having the car dealership. After a little getting used to, I am liking the new change owner sequence....especially the fact that it will ask you if you want the change current open orders to the new owner or keep with the old owner! This is really handy if we are working on someone's vehicle & they decide to trade it in while we are still in the process of working on it. Most of the times those bills become ours...and I don't have another step!

Thank you for the feedback! The original intent was to make it easier to find for users that didn't use it frequently, but we're glad to hear it's working better for frequent users as well. :)
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Late breaking report update for 7.2.5

Postby Johnny5 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Shut Manager down, got to http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/index.htm , download file on Line #80. Execute at each workstation. Tech has been re-added to bottom footer on regular invoices, WI invoice corrects printing with part numbers, and Customer last in by date with phone numbers. THIS UPDATE IS ONLY FOR 7.2 and GREATER

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Mitchell1
Tuck in behind me, I'll show you where to crash. 8)
Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Location: Mitchell 1 John Dwulet, Sr. Product Marketing Manager

Re: Late breaking report update for 7.2.5

Postby rhillig » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Johnny5 wrote:Shut Manager down, got to http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/index.htm , download file on Line #80. Execute at each workstation. Tech has been re-added to bottom footer on regular invoices, WI invoice corrects printing with part numbers, and Customer last in by date with phone numbers. THIS UPDATE IS ONLY FOR 7.2 and GREATER

JD

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! :)
rhillig

Postby MURRI513 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 am

Silky7 wrote:
MURRI513 wrote:I just installed the update & am very happy with what I have seen so far. I tried to e-mail an invoice and got an error message, this never happened prior. Any ideas I'm using Outlook 2007.

The template editor for emails is brand new, so it may be a specific piece of shop information causing an unforeseen issue. Please give us a call on this one if you haven't already.

I called this morning, a default setting had to be changed on my Outlook. Thanks again.
MURRI513

Postby motley06 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 pm

:D I was really wanting the update (I like having the latest and greatest). But I resisted, and after reading about the bugs, I'll hold off till it comes up on it's own. I know new software always has kinks, so I'll fight my urge to update
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Postby Johnny5 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:12 pm

There are no serious bugs... just a couple of 'nits' that are easily fixed
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Mitchell1
Tuck in behind me, I'll show you where to crash. 8)
Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Location: Mitchell 1 John Dwulet, Sr. Product Marketing Manager

Postby nickscarcare » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:14 am

The change ownership button is great, used it the first time today, nervous about the change, but it went great. Good job guys.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
nickscarcare
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Postby Silky7 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am

nickscarcare wrote:The change ownership button is great, used it the first time today, nervous about the change, but it went great. Good job guys.

Thanks for the feedback!
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Next

Return to SE News