Shop Management Software Release News for SE

SE Management Viewer for Techs

SE Management Viewer for Techs

Postby Johnny5 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 am

Good day,

I have posted a free Manager SE Viewer for Techs. http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/ShopManagementSEViewer.exe
This allows Tech and other employees to look look at open Estimates, ROs and Invoices. Tech can add notes, change status and update the location.

JD
Attachments
viewer.jpg
Viewer WIP Screen

v2.jpg
Open order in viewer.

John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Mitchell1
Tuck in behind me, I'll show you where to crash. 8)
Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Location: Mitchell 1 John Dwulet, Sr. Product Marketing Manager

Re: SE Management Viewer for Techs

Postby Bimish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:07 pm

How does it work?
I need to install this patch on each Tech laptop, and that will give him the option the view repair orders
Bimish

Postby steven kiser » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:14 am

In my opinion a tech is a tech and a service writer is a service writer. Personally I wouldn't want techs adding notes and would only consider doing something like this if it could be isolated as a tech by tech situation. I wouldn't want tech 1 knowing what tech 3 is doing. Just a personal thing and I never want tech's ordering parts at their lap tops. All and everything goes through me. I've had techs shoot off their mouth about a vehicle they're working on to the owner and cause me aggravation. It's probably since I'm old school and didn't start at the level of new shops with the tech's of today.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Postby ecsofleet » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 am

Hi Group,
I agree with Steven, here's what I'd like to see:
1. Tech could only view his R.O.
2. Tech could request a part
3. Tech could add actual hours
Well that's my Wish List.
Thanks
Allen
ecsofleet

Postby steven kiser » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:49 am

As for tech's ordering parts I disagree. The way it works in my shop is they can note the need for additional work or additional parts for a job that their working on but all roads go through Steve. Noted additional work is channeled through me and when a tech sees other needed work I call for a complete inspection of the vehicle. I'll not call the customer numerous times with updates for additional work. I also like to be able to make the customer aware of possible savings because of overlapping labor.

Getting back to the parts issue. Nothing additional gets ordered without going through certain steps. I use multiple suppliers and closely watch pricing between them. Many jobs that leave my shop now have multiple jobbers involved. There was one time where quality and pricing were consistently close enough so I would deal with one supplier per order. With todays marketing practices many jobbers aren't carrying heavy inventories so if I'm replacing ball joints in two Ford E350's there is a good possibility the part store will only carry one set of quality parts as opposed to years ago three or four sets. I'm forced to purchase the other set from another jobber unless I can get the second set ordered in time (prior to 9am) to get them delivered to the supplier by 11am. I look at delivery times, weather, etc. If it's snowing I may opt to pay a bit more from a closer supplier than taking a chance the other will pull it's vehicles off the road and I'm stuck with a vehicle apart on a lift that I was going to use to replace a transfer case.

Todays shop owner needs to balance so many things and read the future to have a successful day. If I strike anywhere near 80% I'm happy. I deal with incorrect parts, order never being processed, parts drivers deciding to drive to the farthest point and work their way back, drivers forgetting a part at the store, drivers only leaving 1/2 of the order, counter people never putting an order through, tech's that borrowed something and left it at home and I need it now, etc. These are things I deal with all day and I certainly don't want the tech's dealing with parts stores and such. The other issue is tracking cores, returns, and defects. All avenues go through my terminal.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser

Postby foxautocare » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Has anyone tried running this on a windows 8 tablet? maybe an 8-inch? I was thinking of buying a Dell Venue Pro 8" tablet to run this.
foxautocare

Postby alhafner » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:57 pm

I have tried to run on a Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 8.1. I could not get it to install. I called tech support and was told tablet support not available. I would like it available for the entire Manager program -- I use a tablet for all job positions...from the service adviser taking customer information and making tickets, to the mechanics looking over their tech worksheets to make a paper-free workshop, to me personally (as manager) being able to review RO's and make estimates, order parts, etc.
alhafner

Postby Johnny5 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Do you recall what error(s) appeared when you tried to install in on the Lenovo, what version were you installed?
Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby Jeff @ Able Auto » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:54 am

John I have a new laptop in the shop. Went to install and Line 40 is missing. Is this still avail? Thanks, Jeff.
Jeff Fitzgerald owner
Able Auto Repair 772-462-0061
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Postby Johnny5 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:32 am

Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby Jeff @ Able Auto » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks John!
Jeff Fitzgerald owner
Jeff @ Able Auto

Postby steven kiser » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:15 am

So, I was browsing along this morning and decided to open and reread this post. Been a while and I'm starting to loosen the noose a bit. This decision is based on my need to free up me so I can complete a few project cars within "normal" work hours instead of Sundays and early morning hours. Getting a bit of a "Spring Fever" feeling and need to act on it before it turns into a Flu. My question is (may be answered in the post or program already but after about two lines of computer stuff everything turns grey and fuzzy), is there a way I can see what was added or removed by the tech or someone else when I open the order on the main computer or better yet my laptop when I'm at home? I'm not a complete control freak but I need control of the work orders no matter where I am. Been stung in the past by employees waiting until a vehicle is in the shop that matches theirs or one that they need parts for. They opened the order, accessed the catalogue, selected the parts they needed, posted them on the order, ordered them and then deleted them from the order. When parts arrived they picked the delivery ticket and moved the parts to another part of the shop letting them sit there or around the shop in different areas for a while and then they would one by one fall off of the radar. I just need to know if any order has been changed or order started and sometime later is deleted from the active orders. I can see a deleted orders in my recap but other than a number nothing else is available. I can go on and on with reasons why I would love to be able to see all this. If all orders that have been either opened and closed or deleted, changed in any way would automatically be saved in a folder that could only be opened by a password so I could review them all it would be great. Like I stated above, it may already be available but I'm a show and go guy and need to be shown not pointed to a program that will just confuse me more :lol: . I wish I could read and go but all my life I've had this issue. When I purchased a Mig Welder assemblies became a bit easier :lol: I just started welding it together.
steven kiser

Postby JBUTITTA » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Will the viewer have the capacity for techs to look at vehicle history? I cant seam to find histories now with the viewer. If its not available can we put this up for discussion or as an enhancement?
JBUTITTA
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Postby Jeff @ Able Auto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:53 am

Got a new Samsung tablet for the shop. Cant get the viewer to open. Download OK. Any ideas? Thanks.
Jeff Fitzgerald owner
Jeff @ Able Auto

Postby ricmorin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 am

I'm fairly sure that the viewer is for Windows machines, not Android.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
ricmorin

Postby Silky7 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:29 am

ricmorin wrote:I'm fairly sure that the viewer is for Windows machines, not Android.

Correct. It is only for Windows platforms.
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Postby Jeff @ Able Auto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 am

OK..my bad. Thanks.
Jeff Fitzgerald owner
Jeff @ Able Auto