Read Forum FAQs FIRST then A) Register, B) Activate, C) Log in

Posting Tips - Easier For All To Read

Posting Tips - Easier For All To Read

Postby timbre4 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:18 am

Folks, one of my tasks is to ensure that the information is readable and searchable for everyone today and in the future. Recently, I found that searches were lacking results because this Search can't find mispelled words

The posting membership has grown considerably (a great thing!); it's taking more and more of my time for me to keep it looking spiffy and usable. Please do your part to help by following these (hopefully) reasonable steps.

1. READ your message before you click on Submit; or at least make a habit to go back and read it. Do NOT assume it reads correctly (it probably doesn't). Click on the tiny Edit button in the upper right of your every post.

2. Type subject lines that describe your issue/question; Help, Wondering, Question do not tell the reader anything. Also, if possible, please use 'title' case; this means capitalize the 1st letter of EVERY word. Then threads have a neat uniform look. EXAMPLE: Parts Catalog Connectivity

3. Start a new paragraph with each idea/question to make it easier to read and include punctuation and without typing ALL CAPS or all lower case.

>>>HARD to read:
I CAN'T READ THIS BECAUSE IT ALL RUNS TOGETHER AND I CAN'T READ THIS BECAUSE IT ALL RUNS TOGETHER AND
I CAN'T READ THIS BECAUSE IT ALL RUNS TOGETHER AND I CAN'T READ THIS BECAUSE IT ALL RUNS TOGETHER AND

this is a little better but i find it could be better if i don't let it run together and this is a little better but i find it could be better if i don't let it run together and this is a little better but i find it could be better if i don't let it run together and this is a little better but i find it could be better if i don't let it run together and

>>>EASY to read:
First idea is discussed here with an observation, remark or question.

Second idea is discussed here with an observation, remark or question.

Third idea is discussed here with an observation, remark or question.

4. If your post contains inventory, labor and a technical support issue, please submit these as three separate posts in the three designated areas. One thing this software does not do at all is splitting text INSIDE single posts.

Thanks in advance for your help in keeping the forum neat and useful to current and future members. TMcD
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Return to 1. > HOW THIS FORUM WORKS [Read This Before Posting]