Discussion of migration from legacy 5.9 to SE 6.x

Parts Catalog Window Navigation

Parts Catalog Window Navigation

Postby lucasauto » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:40 am

I Recently Migrated from 5.9 to 6.4 SE.

I very much miss one particular capability I've lost in the transfer.

In 5.9, when opening First Call, or another Parts Catalog from the Order Screen, I was able to drill down in the catalog to the parts I wanted to look at, and then MINIMIZE that catalog screen, and open another, allowing me to compare competing parts and prices side by side, or at least alternate quickly between windows.

In 6.4, the "Minimize" button is grayed out, forcing me to CLOSE the window entirely before I am able to view another Parts Catalog.

Can you please restore this functionality to 6.4? I would appreciate it very much!
lucasauto

Re: Parts Catalog Window Navigation

Postby sbebenelli » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:46 am

I also miss this greatly
sbebenelli
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Postby timbre4 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 am

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question. It's a little more complicated that was stated; I can minimize a catalog in SE, this is more about how many catalogs can be open at one time. I just did a quick comparison between 5.9, 6.4 & 6.5:

Manager 5.9
Can open, browse, select, minimize, open another catalog [no access to first catalog (OFC) while second (CQ) is open]

Manager SE 6.4 / 6.5
Can open, browse, select, minimize, cannot open another catalog

Support says it is not 100% of the time and more random; therefore this behavior was not a documented function that would get replicated when SE was coded.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby steven kiser » Thu May 01, 2014 1:24 am

Wow another thing I picked up reading posts. I've been writhing or transferring parts prices down to compare. Never even thought of minimizing. With my luck it won't work now. Just tried it and it doesn't. Well it looks like I missed the boat on that one. I've been minimizing everything before and never thought of parts windows, :(
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Return to Upgrade Process