Discussion of migration from legacy 5.9 to SE 6.x

SE Migration

SE Migration

Postby jkay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:09 pm

I am installing a new version of Manager for a client. He currently has version 5.9 and is upgrading to 6.5. Doing this over the weekend so Monday morning he can work and not have any downtime. On the new version 6.5 I see there is a database migration tool. I am able to find all the files it needs, however where do I tell it to save them once migrated? It says something about a location on the dvd drive which doesn't make sense. Do I save them somewhere in the teamworks folder or in the SQL folder?

Thank you
jkay

Re: migration

Postby jkay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:53 pm

I figured out the migration piece, however I am getting an error when I open up MangerSE 6.5 that says the host has been updated and this workstation must be updated before it can be used. That message comes off both the workstation and the host. On the m1-sk software updater it says it's authenticating but it's said that for over an hour. What needs to be done to fix this issue?

Thank you
jkay

Postby timbre4 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:59 am

What are the version numbers (lower RH corner) for host and workstation?

You may have to contact tech support about this. 888-724-6742 and follow the prompts...
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby jkay » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:23 am

Got it taken care of. It wasn't syncing to get the latest updates for some reason.

Thank you
jkay

Return to Upgrade Process