Discussion of migration from legacy 5.9 to SE 6.x

SE Screen Settings Not Saving?

SE Screen Settings Not Saving?

Postby smittylube » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:29 pm

In WIP screen- I try and use set grid line colors and they only work that time I have it open. Close and open program it is back to 'default' colors. Also same screen is there a preference for last written to be on the bottom as 5.9 used to do? Can I keep columns sized how I want? I don't need each one they think I need. Last thing is I try and open in a 'window' not maximized full screen but it always opens full screen each time even if my shortcut has open in normal window selected. Even when I close the program (x top right corner) I get the are you sure warning, I select don't ask again and it comes up each time. - Really? What am I missing?
thanks, Steve
smittylube

Re: SE Screen Settings Not Saving?

Postby timbre4 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:56 pm

This has nothing to do with Windows; when you migrate from 5.9 to SE, it is necessary to create at least one User profile to retain the settings.
Close ALL Manager SE workstations except one and create one or more User profiles. THEN re-start the other Manager SE workstations and you should be good to go.
Knowledgebase article with 45 second video shows how: http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/article.php?id=182

I believe the program might ignore or override your opening window size preference; tech support would know.

The 'Don't Show Me This Again' item is broken; it will be fixed on an upcoming release.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby smittylube » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:21 pm

thanks- that works for everything but grid line colors are greyed out.
smittylube

Postby ricmorin » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:32 pm

To change the grid line colors, make sure you are on the splash screen that says Manager SE, not the WIP screen. If you're on the WIP, the option will be grayed out.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Return to Upgrade Process