Discussion of migration from legacy 5.9 to SE 6.x

Manager 5.9 Conversion To SE

Manager 5.9 Conversion To SE

Postby Ash@NorthsideP » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:40 am

Hello there,
At our shop we have version 5.9 installed at the moment, but we are going to be in the process of switching over to SE. I just had a few questions about the SE Manager before we get our disk and set it up.

I was wondering how much gets transferred over automatically from 5.9 to SE and how much we have to manually enter? We are running on Windows 7 and we back up our data every night if that helps.
The main thing we are concerned with is our Invoices/Estimates(wondering if they will automatically convert the information over and if it will change the data entered), but we would also like to keep all of our Vendors on our Vendor Setup, and as much as we can the data on the "Shop Data, Standard Tables, Standard Descriptions" under our Setup Bar.

I hope that I have the right area in the form for this question. I apologize if I do not.

Thanks!
Ash
Ash@NorthsideP

Re: Manager 5.9 Conversion To SE

Postby ricmorin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 am

You have little to worry about. The conversion process is very thorough. You shouldn't lose any orders, vendors, canned jobs, nothing. It all gets transferred. Your entire WIP screen and everything on it will get transferred just as you left it.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Postby timbre4 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 am

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post.

I would add that the migration brings over everything* and when you open Manager SE 6.5, all of the WIP entries will be there, ready to use.

* Here's what you should do on the other side of the upgrade:
1. Check all of your program settings (account classes, printer/document selections)
2. Verify your catalog buttons, Configurations, Special Maintenance -> Toggle Catalog Availability option (it may be necessary to reinstall SpeedDIAL if using WorldPAC)
3. Create new User profiles (video shows how): http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/article.php?id=182
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby Ash@NorthsideP » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Thank you for the Welcome! :D

Cool, Sounds good. Thank you both, very much, for the assistance to my question! It is much appreciated to know how much easier it will be when converting over.

And I will be sure to remember to create that new profile to Tim. Thanks a bunch for that added information! ((Oh, and I am assuming that WorldPAC is a program for more of the industrial/bigger shops? I am not familiar with that programming.))

Thanks again!
Ash@NorthsideP

Postby timbre4 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:34 pm

WorldPAC is one of the after-market parts catalogs. Unlike the other catalog integrations, it requires the SpeedDIAL app to be downloaded and installed.

Sounds like you don't need to worry about it at this time.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby Ash@NorthsideP » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 am

timbre4 wrote:Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post.

I would add that the migration brings over everything* and when you open Manager SE 6.5, all of the WIP entries will be there, ready to use.

* Here's what you should do on the other side of the upgrade:
1. Check all of your program settings (account classes, printer/document selections)
2. Verify your catalog buttons, Configurations, Special Maintenance -> Toggle Catalog Availability option (it may be necessary to reinstall SpeedDIAL if using WorldPAC)
3. Create new User profiles (video shows how): http://mitchell1.com/knowledgebase/article.php?id=182

I had a quick question about setting up the User Account. If you had a moment there Tim.
When setting up the User Profile do you need to use the same password as what you have on the Mitchell account?((As in what you use to log into the Labor/Diagram pages)) I was not here when it was created previously so I do not know what Username or Password was used on the Mitchell User Profile before. Or if it has to match each other. Thanks!
Ash@NorthsideP

Postby timbre4 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 am

User Accounts setup through Program Security window - these are completely independent of Mitchell 1 account details.

You may create something simple there just to get name(s) into the User list to select.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Return to Upgrade Process