Discussion of migration from legacy 5.9 to SE 6.x

Display Search and Filtering

Display Search and Filtering

Postby cbhale » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello,

Just completed the upgrade from 5.9 to 6.xx and went to click on the handy dandy 'Display' button to search for a customer and realized that doesn't work in the new version.

So after looking around a little here on the forum I found out how to search each column which I like, but it falls a part from there for us...

I am so use to the search feature filtering out everything that didn't match my search, all it doe is highlight the matching items (which is a nice touch), but if you have a WIP screen that is more than a few pages it really makes it hard to find the ticket you are looking for in any quick manner.

We really depend on that feature when customers call and we need to quickly find what we are looking for!!

Is that they way it is in the new version or do we have an option to filter out the unwanted stuff????

Thanks,
Charles
cbhale
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Display Search and Filtering

Postby Jeff @ Able Auto » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 pm

If you right click the column headre it gives you a "search" box. Try that and see if it works. HTH. Jeff
Jeff Fitzgerald owner
Able Auto Repair 772-462-0061
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Postby cbhale » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:If you right click the column headre it gives you a "search" box. Try that and see if it works. HTH. Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Yeah figured that part out, all that does is highlight any of the fields that match what I am looking for, but doesn't filter out the rest from the screen so with 3 pages of work in progress screen means that I have to scroll through a lot of data to find what I am looking for.

Thanks for the info!!

Charles
cbhale
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Postby ricmorin » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:17 am

If you have three pages of WIP, consider filtering by record type to remove unwanted items from view. Click on the display button at the bottom.

I can't see it really that difficult to find a highlighted record using the search function, even with a three page WIP. A few clicks and 4 seconds or so. It's just different than what you're used to, that's all.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Return to Upgrade Process