Discussion of migration from legacy 5.9 to SE 6.x

Manager 7 and laptops

Manager 7 and laptops

Postby Joe Slomka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 am

We are currently on Manager 5.9 and are weighing our options in upgrading to Manager 7. We are replacing some of our computers and considering using laptops for a couple of our workstations. I know that Manager 5.9 doesn't play well with wireless and am hoping that Manager 7 does. What I am worried about is that if a laptop goes outside the shop with a tech (on a test drive for instance) and comes back into the shop and reconnects to the network will this drive the Manager 7 program crazy like it would on Manger 5.9?
Joe Slomka

Re: Manager 7 and laptops

Postby ricmorin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:24 am

Welcome to the Forum.

There are no worries with wireless and laptops on SE version 7. I am using one as I type, on wireless and without difficulty. Even losing connection causes nothing more than an annoyance.

If you're still on 5.9, you have a world of upgrades available to you right now.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Postby ajnealey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:59 am

Question, how do we upgrade to 7.0? When I check for updates it says that there aren't any. Currently on 6.6.10
ajnealey

Postby timbre4 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:02 am

ajnealey wrote:Question, how do we upgrade to 7.0? When I check for updates it says that there aren't any. Currently on 6.6.10

Because of the changes (no XP / Vista support) and the completely new Scheduler module, we're not sending it out blindly to catch some shops unaware of these factors and cause business disruptions. Contact customer service 888-724-6742 with your account number and ask to be placed into the group to receive 7.x updates.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Return to Upgrade Process