Manager SE specific technical issues

WIP screen refresh?

WIP screen refresh?

Postby rhillig » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:31 am

I have noticed something strange in the last few weeks. No one else will be working on the Mitchell program & I will have the WIP screen up on my computer. I will notice that the screen "refreshes" as if someone as finished a work order or started a work order.

No one else is in the building at the time & none of the other computers have the Mitchell software open.

Do I have a gremlin or is this normal?
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
rhillig
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: WIP screen refresh?

Postby timbre4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:33 am

That could be from the SE 7.x Schedule; typically just a few columns to the RH side, depends on screen size and column widths you have set up.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Postby rhillig » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:43 am

We don't use the scheduler, but do have full screen showing all the time. So that could be it.
We had a hacking experience a year ago & I'm trying to make sure it doesn't happen again....
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
rhillig

Postby Silky7 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:11 am

The WIP grid has a normal 30 second refresh, at which time you may see items (newer ones in particular) shift location. If you want to stare intently at the WIP for a minute or so, you should be able to tell when it's a normal refresh. :wink:
Silky7
2nd Level Tech Support
2nd Level Tech Support

Postby Rich » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:41 am

Silky7 wrote:The WIP grid has a normal 30 second refresh, at which time you may see items (newer ones in particular) shift location. If you want to stare intently at the WIP for a minute or so, you should be able to tell when it's a normal refresh. :wink:

I tried this. Couldn't catch it. Maybe I blinked. But I have seen it also and wondered what was going on.
Rich Hays
Supporter of Project Semicolon
231-796-0550 work
http://share.garmin.com/RHAYS
Rich
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Postby rhillig » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:48 am

Silky7 wrote:The WIP grid has a normal 30 second refresh, at which time you may see items (newer ones in particular) shift location. If you want to stare intently at the WIP for a minute or so, you should be able to tell when it's a normal refresh. :wink:

After our whole hacking experience, I might be a little more sensitive to it. But thanks for confirming that I'm not seeing things!
rhillig

Postby liljoe » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:36 am

Darn Russians
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Return to Technical Issues