Manager SE Settings, Defaults, Database

TIP: Recommendation Management?

TIP: Recommendation Management?

Postby GROVEST » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:33 am

This is my first post here asking a question, so bear with me!

We are looking for a way to review all recommendations for a specific time period. We have two goals.
One is to clean up the recommendations that are not applicable any longer - example would be that the front brakes were done last month, but the recommendation still shows on the customer's vehicle screen.

Two is to follow up on the rec's that still relevant. We do use the SocialCRM program, so I know the reminders go out, but I want to be able to give it a more personal spin. We also use Bolt On - which I know will give me a list of the "revisions" but that may not be sufficient as we do not do revision estimates on every item we recommend.

Is there a report that will list rec's for a given time period? Sorry if this question has been addressed already - I searched the forum but did not find any information on this. Thanks so much for your input.

Jean
GROVEST

Re: Recommendation management

Postby Johnny5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:19 am

There is in Report Pro, you will also need Microsoft Excel or similar. Under the Marketing section in the reporting list, look for "Export Recommendations". Click on the report, set the desired date range in the lower left and then generate the report by clicking on the button to the right of the Start and End date. Once generated, click on the "Export" button. An "Export Report" dialog will appear. In the lower left of this dialog, enter a descriptive name, then change the "Save as type:" to "Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data-only (*xls) . You can then open that file with Excel, you can sort, search and identify recommendations sorted by customer and easily identify those customers with multiple recommendations.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Mitchell1
Tuck in behind me, I'll show you where to crash. 8)
Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Location: Mitchell 1 John Dwulet, Sr. Product Marketing Manager

Re: Recommendation management

Postby John C. » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:59 am

Johnny5 wrote:There is in Report Pro, you will also need Microsoft Excel or similar. Under the Marketing section in the reporting list, look for "Export Recommendations". Click on the report, set the desired date range in the lower left and then generate the report by clicking on the button to the right of the Start and End date. Once generated, click on the "Export" button. An "Export Report" dialog will appear. In the lower left of this dialog, enter a descriptive name, then change the "Save as type:" to "Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data-only (*xls) . You can then open that file with Excel, you can sort, search and identify recommendations sorted by customer and easily identify those customers with multiple recommendations.

Awesome, thanks!!!
John C.
John C.
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Return to Database / Settings