Oil change sticker software & printers

Lube Sticker Pro Update

Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:16 am

Since the latest update the Lube sticker pro is not saving the previous oil change for the same vehicle settings-
Before if we have had the vehicle in before & the vehicle had the second choice selected (synthetic for us)- the next time the vehicle came in - lube sticker pro would remember that we chose synthetic.... since the update that remembering is gone...

We really need this back... it is hard to remember what the customer chose last time--- Please bring this setting back.

Thanks, ARS
Attachments
Lube sticker pro.PNG
 
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:57 am

Hey ARS,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and we apologize for the inconvenience. This will actually be back in full swing next week with our next update. If you’re still having an issue beyond this, please let me know.

Happy holidays to you and yours!
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby ARS » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:25 am

Wondering if spell check is going to be apart of the update.... It would be so nice!!!!

Thanks, ARS
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby ARS » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:40 am

Also- with the latest update - Message Pro is not showing us the Customer name when they respond to us or when we are sending them a text.. just the phone number.. Is this something new or will it go back the original way when we can see who we are talking to....

Thanks, ARS
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby motley06 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:02 am

ARS,
Same thing on our computers. Shows the customer name in the first message, then just phone numbers after that.

Also, is the automated text reminders working still? From what I can tell, it doesn't seem to be.
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby ARS » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:47 am

The Automatic Texting works sporadically for us... our goes out at 10:00am each day... some days we have to go into message pro settings & uncheck the automation settings... save... close message pro-- reopen message pro.. go back into settings... check automation settings ...save.. close settings & then the texts will go. A bit frustrating....

Hope it helps...
ARS
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:06 am

ARS wrote:Wondering if spell check is going to be apart of the update.... It would be so nice!!!!

Thanks, ARS


Hey ARS,

Spell check won’t be a part of this update, but is in the works. We don’t have a date of completion yet, but hope to introduce it soon.

Thanks for mentioning it.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 am

ARS wrote:Also- with the latest update - Message Pro is not showing us the Customer name when they respond to us or when we are sending them a text.. just the phone number.. Is this something new or will it go back the original way when we can see who we are talking to....

Thanks, ARS


ARS,

Thank you for pointing this out. We have made an adjustment that will change it back to how it originally was. It will be in our next update, which will be today or tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:24 am

motley06 wrote:ARS,
Same thing on our computers. Shows the customer name in the first message, then just phone numbers after that.

Also, is the automated text reminders working still? From what I can tell, it doesn't seem to be.


Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to me. This will be back to normal when we release our next update, which will be today or tomorrow.

As far as the automated text reminders, is this something that just stopped working or has it been a while?
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 am

ARS wrote:The Automatic Texting works sporadically for us... our goes out at 10:00am each day... some days we have to go into message pro settings & uncheck the automation settings... save... close message pro-- reopen message pro.. go back into settings... check automation settings ...save.. close settings & then the texts will go. A bit frustrating....

Hope it helps...
ARS


ARS,

Is the sporadic texting a new occurrence or has it been a little while?
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby ARS » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:18 am

Message Pro- We have the problem every weekend for sure-- & our server does not get turned off. They should be going out at 10am on Sunday (for Monday appts.).. the last couple weekends they have not gone out. Think it happens during the week too.. but could not tell which day or how much..
We are finding that the automatic settings are changing from what they should be on 2 computers- i think the 2nd computer may be affecting the first, but not sure... plus the server computer- when you go into settings you sometimes get a black screen...
We had Bolt-on look at this once before... not much has changed since he looked at it.

ARS
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:53 am

ARS wrote:Message Pro- We have the problem every weekend for sure-- & our server does not get turned off. They should be going out at 10am on Sunday (for Monday appts.).. the last couple weekends they have not gone out. Think it happens during the week too.. but could not tell which day or how much..
We are finding that the automatic settings are changing from what they should be on 2 computers- i think the 2nd computer may be affecting the first, but not sure... plus the server computer- when you go into settings you sometimes get a black screen...
We had Bolt-on look at this once before... not much has changed since he looked at it.

ARS


ARS and Matt,

Here’s some things to consider.

If the computer designated to auto Send/Receive messages is in a sleep or hibernate state, Message Pro does not have permission to wake the computer up to send the Auto Text Message reminders.

We recommend setting the primary service writing computer as the computer that will Auto Send/Receive messages and setting the days in advance to 7.

Using the primary service writing computer prevents the chance that the computer will be in a sleep/hibernate state during business hours and the 7 days in advance to insure that the shop is open when the messages go out.

We have an alternate solution in which we can add a windows scheduled task to wake the computer a minute before Message Pro is set to send auto text reminders, but this will not address it during business hours if the server is not used as a workstation.

As for your settings changing - the settings are stored in the database and only one computer can be designated as the auto send/receive computer. The other settings display and edit the settings that are stored in the database. When changed on one, it is the same on all.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way. Thank you.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby ARS » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:25 am

We do not want to do the texting that goes out 7 days in advance because we would not have very many appts. 7 days out. We do not do the automatic scheduling of appt. that is in the program. So we are still making appts for the next day or only a couple days out. Everyone wants their vehicles right away. So we use the texting to let people know of their appt. for the next day.

We have the server computer is set to never go to sleep. so not sure on that one either. I do know that the settings change each time I restart my computer (not the server) for the automatic texting. The hit C to confirm is checked on my computer. I have unchecked it & hit save many times but the box seems to be rechecked for some reason... it seems to cause a conflict.

We may have you look at our system next week....

Thanks, ARS
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Hey ARS,

In an effort to eliminate you having to wait for me to answer you back here, I think it’s best if you let our support team take a look. This way we’ll be able to get you back in action as fastest possible. Please click here - http://boltontechnology.com/support-team/ - and follow the instructions for option 1. It will connect you directly with our Support Team.

We’ll take care of you and answer any questions you have.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby motley06 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:56 pm

ARS wrote:We do not want to do the texting that goes out 7 days in advance because we would not have very many appts. 7 days out. We do not do the automatic scheduling of appt. that is in the program. So we are still making appts for the next day or only a couple days out. Everyone wants their vehicles right away. So we use the texting to let people know of their appt. for the next day.

We have the server computer is set to never go to sleep. so not sure on that one either.


Same exact issue. It seems as if bolt on software is not pulling any future appointments from the new mitchell scheduler. If I make an appt in the new mitchell scheduler, nothing shows up in the bolt on scheduler, in the schedule on the tablets, and I assume 'message manager' is not seeing those future appointments either?
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Lube Sticker Pro Update

Postby MRISICH » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:31 am

Same exact issue. It seems as if bolt on software is not pulling any future appointments from the new mitchell scheduler. If I make an appt in the new mitchell scheduler, nothing shows up in the bolt on scheduler, in the schedule on the tablets, and I assume 'message manager' is not seeing those future appointments either?


Hey Matt,

It’s probably best if you let our Support Team take a look at this. This will be the fastest way to get you back in action. Please click here http://boltontechnology.com/support-team/ and follow the instructions for option 1.

We’ll get this taken care of and answer any questions you may have.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Chalfont, PA

Return to Lube Sticker Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest