Oil change sticker software & printers

Rotate & Balance Tires stickers

Rotate & Balance Tires stickers

Postby ARS » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 am

We were wondering if there was a way to print Rotate & Balance tires stickers through the Lube Sticker machine. We are getting so we are thinking of having a set time for when the Rotate & Balance would happen (like on every other oil change). We would like to be able to print a different sticker that says Your next Rotate & Balance due: or something like that... Then an automatic Recommend made. Also, that we could use the same sticker machine... pick either oil change sticker or rotate & balance sticker...
just a thought.
thanks, ARS
ARS
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: Rotate & Balance Tires stickers

Postby sbebenelli » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 am

You balance tires at every rotation?
sbebenelli
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Postby ARS » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:24 am

Yes, 90% of the time we do a rotate & balance over just rotate... Because a lot of tires may lose a wheel weight or may not be balanced correctly for some reason... We rarely do just rotate unless a customer only asks for that... We make sure they know the difference between the 2...
ARS

Postby MRISICH » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 am

Rather then using a sticker; you should use the multi point inspection. This will be able to track that information for you much better then the sticker. It is built directly into report pro. If you are not aware of the Multi point inspection report; we offer a training class on that advanced report pro feature. Please check out http://www.anymeeting.com/propacksupport for a full list of up coming training events.
The lube sticker can however print very nice key tags now; as a bonus feature released the second quarter of 2013
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Postby sbebenelli » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:13 pm

ARS wrote:Yes, 90% of the time we do a rotate & balance over just rotate... Because a lot of tires may lose a wheel weight or may not be balanced correctly for some reason... We rarely do just rotate unless a customer only asks for that... We make sure they know the difference between the 2...

Nothing wrong with that. Most of our customers would never go for it.
sbebenelli

Postby steven kiser » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 am

If I did that at current rates it would be an extra 100 bucks every other oil change. I try to use the OEM maintenance schedule. There are a few top end vehicles like Beemers and Benzes that are getting away from "regular" services but for the most part all others work well. The other issue is I've found constant reminders sometimes turn good customers into price hunters. If I put a reminder on a windshield about a service that will cost 100 bucks and a customer sees a promo for a free rotation they see 100 bucks savings. For what it's worth, anything I promote that way is a deal, anything I want to do on a regular basis at full charge is a phone call when it's in my shop and I certainly have learned to price rotations differently because I'm needing to reprogram tpms's on a regular basis and on some cars I need to sit inside and program location as well as pressure. There are a few customers cars that the programming takes more time than the actual rotations.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Postby ARS » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:02 am

That is why we make a big deal on the difference between just rotate to rotate & balance... we ask our customers to make sure they are getting balancing too. My boss stresses that balances are more important. Anyway... that is why we want the stickers to put in the car too, we do keep track of the rotate & balances ourselves..but the customers were asking for the stickers.... but i guess the program is not able to do that now.. we will figure something out... Thanks, ARS
ARS

Return to Lube Sticker Pro