Customizable reports & inspections

Invoice Without Breakdown?

Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby motley06 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 am

Is there any invoice available that does not break down parts and labor? Just gives a total $ amount for the job performed? If not, can I request one to be made?
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Invoice without breakdown

Postby Auto Repair Coach » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:53 am

Is this what you are looking for? See attached.
If so, go to Report Pro-Customize-Invoice-Body and choose these settings. See attached.

Let me know!

Happy New Year!
Attachments
Price.JPG
 
settings.JPG
 
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
Auto Repair Coach
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am
Location: Southampton Pa.

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby motley06 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Just might be! I'll double check tomorrow when I get to work. Thanks!
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Auto Repair Coach » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:45 am

Great!

Let me know!
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
Auto Repair Coach
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am
Location: Southampton Pa.

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Johnny5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:36 pm

You may also want to check the Manager SE option to use 'INV Lump Sum' found under Configuration, Reports Printers
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Mitchell1
Tuck in behind me, I'll show you where to crash. 8)
User avatar
Johnny5
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Mitchell 1 John Dwulet, Sr. Product Marketing Manager

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby motley06 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Looks like that's exactly what we needed. Getting the OK for a $500 repair, then complaints about how much the parts cost was getting old. Thanks again
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Pauls Automotive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 am

motley06 wrote:Looks like that's exactly what we needed. Getting the OK for a $500 repair, then complaints about how much the parts cost was getting old. Thanks again


I am curious......how are you able to give a lump sum estimate for repairs and the customer not ask about the cost of parts and labor. Everyone around here always asks for the breakdown. Also if they do ask how do you handle that?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6320 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
User avatar
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:32 am
Location: Baltimore Maryland

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Auto Repair Coach » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:20 am

The settings given above can be reversed to print out another copy if needed.
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
Auto Repair Coach
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am
Location: Southampton Pa.

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby motley06 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Pauls Automotive wrote:
motley06 wrote:Looks like that's exactly what we needed. Getting the OK for a $500 repair, then complaints about how much the parts cost was getting old. Thanks again


I am curious......how are you able to give a lump sum estimate for repairs and the customer not ask about the cost of parts and labor. Everyone around here always asks for the breakdown. Also if they do ask how do you handle that?


Well, we usually give 1 price for everything, so it goes something like this:
Paul, while we were doing your oil change, the tech noticed your cv axle was leaking. He also did the MPI we talked about and found your front brakes are just about metal to metal and you're also due for a brake fluid exchange and a fuel induction service. We can get all that done and have you ready to go by tomorrow afternoon for only $1,214.38. Do you need a ride or transportation while we do it?"

From there, if they start asking prices, it's usually for each individual item and we can break it down. If they press for parts pricing, we give it to them. It doesn't happen often though. I've used repair pal to justify my prices sometimes. Also bring up quality vs price for the parts.
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Auto Repair Coach » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 am

Nice approach.

Does my suggestion work for you?
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
Auto Repair Coach
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am
Location: Southampton Pa.

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Pauls Automotive » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 am

motley06 wrote:
Pauls Automotive wrote:
motley06 wrote:Looks like that's exactly what we needed. Getting the OK for a $500 repair, then complaints about how much the parts cost was getting old. Thanks again


I am curious......how are you able to give a lump sum estimate for repairs and the customer not ask about the cost of parts and labor. Everyone around here always asks for the breakdown. Also if they do ask how do you handle that?


Well, we usually give 1 price for everything, so it goes something like this:
Paul, while we were doing your oil change, the tech noticed your cv axle was leaking. He also did the MPI we talked about and found your front brakes are just about metal to metal and you're also due for a brake fluid exchange and a fuel induction service. We can get all that done and have you ready to go by tomorrow afternoon for only $1,214.38. Do you need a ride or transportation while we do it?"

From there, if they start asking prices, it's usually for each individual item and we can break it down. If they press for parts pricing, we give it to them. It doesn't happen often though. I've used repair pal to justify my prices sometimes. Also bring up quality vs price for the parts.



Thanks Motley06. In reality that is how we do it also. I just never considered handing them an invoice without detailed parts and labor costs. Do you get any resistance to that?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6320 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
User avatar
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:32 am
Location: Baltimore Maryland

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby ricmorin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 am

There are rules in some states regarding how invoices are laid out. This would be unlawful in NH but perfectly OK in Texas. :shock:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
User avatar
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
 
Posts: 5289
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:11 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby motley06 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:43 am

Auto Repair Coach wrote:Nice approach.

Does my suggestion work for you?


Yessir, thanks!
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby motley06 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am

Pauls Automotive wrote:
motley06 wrote:
Pauls Automotive wrote:
I am curious......how are you able to give a lump sum estimate for repairs and the customer not ask about the cost of parts and labor. Everyone around here always asks for the breakdown. Also if they do ask how do you handle that?


Well, we usually give 1 price for everything, so it goes something like this:
Paul, while we were doing your oil change, the tech noticed your cv axle was leaking. He also did the MPI we talked about and found your front brakes are just about metal to metal and you're also due for a brake fluid exchange and a fuel induction service. We can get all that done and have you ready to go by tomorrow afternoon for only $1,214.38. Do you need a ride or transportation while we do it?"

From there, if they start asking prices, it's usually for each individual item and we can break it down. If they press for parts pricing, we give it to them. It doesn't happen often though. I've used repair pal to justify my prices sometimes. Also bring up quality vs price for the parts.



Thanks Motley06. In reality that is how we do it also. I just never considered handing them an invoice without detailed parts and labor costs. Do you get any resistance to that?


Never, not once. If we ever do, I'd probably handle it exactly the same. Or I'd tell them what they want to hear. Not to say I'd lie, but what difference does it make if they were OK with the total?
motley06
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Invoice Without Breakdown?

Postby Auto Repair Coach » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:06 am

Thanks.
Keep up the good work!
John Burkhauser
Director of Educational Programs

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
User avatar
Auto Repair Coach
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am
Location: Southampton Pa.

Return to Report Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest