Customizable reports & inspections

Tire Reports & Invoices

Tire Reports & Invoices

Postby scarruther1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 am

We have been using Report Pack for the "Unassigned Line Items" report.

I would like to use it to report on tire sales, but have yet to find a useful one.If I want to report the tires I sell for a specific period, which one should I use? I am looking for a date range report showing tire units sold and GP% & $ The reports I have found only report sales from inventory, not the outside purchases that don't make it into inventory.

Thanks
scarruther1
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Tire Reports & Invoices

Postby MRISICH » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am

All Tire Reports inside of Report Pro require the check box being set on inventoried tires. You may want to create a new category "not inventoried tires" and then run a category sales report?
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
MRISICH
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Postby scarruther1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks. With the proliferation of sizes and models, most tire dealer sales are not inventoried. This is a key report for anyone selling tires.

The Mitchell "Sales by Category" report collects all tire sales, but with no details. So the Pro Pack "profits by manufacturer" report will only list inventoried sales of tires?

What report should I use to tell me how many Michelin Tires I sold in September 2013?

Thanks
scarruther1

Postby ricmorin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:07 pm

MRISICH wrote:All Tire Reports inside of Report Pro require the check box being set on inventoried tires. You may want to create a new category "not inventoried tires" and then run a category sales report?

The tire selection box doesn't necessarily denote tires as inventoried, just selects them as tires so they show up in the tire packages.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434
https://www.facebook.com/motorcaralternatives

Reality continues to ruin my life.- Calvin
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Postby MRISICH » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Ric, you are correct, however the tire checkbox is only available if you have manager plus.

Spencer, without entering in that information, it will be very difficult to group all the tire transactions. Like I stated earlier, the only way may be to have a separate category for those items.
Michael Risich
Founder & CEO

BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY™

610-400-1019
http://boltontechnology.com/
MRISICH

Postby scarruther1 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:28 am

It's more work. Changing categories is not a good answer to our problem We've done it.

The "Materials Used - Detail" report in Manager is the best report for tire dealer purposes, but there is no way to sort it. :?

Long time user: Love some features, but we got propack because it has tire reports, but most of them are meaningless if we're not reporting non-stock tires?
scarruther1

Return to Report Pro